Noshing on these 11 foods can help you maintain strong bones and avoid osteoporosis (via Health):
- Yogurt is rich in both calcium and vitamin D, both of which are essential for bone health.
- Skim milk contains 30 percent of your daily calcium in just one 90-calorie cup. Try blending it into a smoothie for a healthy treat.
- Cheese is also a great calcium source, in moderation. Snack on a 1.5 ounce serving of cheddar to get 30 percent of your daily calcium.
- Sardines may be an acquired taste, but they’re packed with calcium and vitamin D.
- Eggs are a quick way to get 6 percent of your daily vitamin D. Opt for the whole egg (not just the egg white) because the vitamin D is in the yolk.
- Salmon contains more than 100 percent of your vitamin D in just one 3-ounce serving. Bonus: it’s also rich in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.Continue Reading …