Show yourself some love this Valentine’s Day with these super healthy (and delicious!) red and pink foods (via The Huffington Post):
- Apples. They really do help keep the doctor away. The pectin in apples provides 4 grams of filling and cholesterol-lowering fiber per serving.
- Beets. Rich in vitamin C and folate, beets are also packed with antioxidants and fight inflammation.
- Red berries. These low-calorie, fiber-rich foods are an excellent source of vitamin C, and may help protect memory. Try making dark chocolate covered strawberries for the perfect Valentine’s Day treat–the cocoa is full of antioxidants!
- Cherries. The antioxidants in this sweet fruit are known to protect heart health and aid in post-workout muscle recovery. (For 7 reasons to eat more cherries, read our post here.)
- Cranberries. Loaded with vitamin C, cranberries can help your body to fight off infections more quickly and effectively.Continue Reading …