Feeling nervous? Try one of these tips to feel calmer in minutes (via Care2.com):
- Sip chamomile tea. The chamomile herb relaxes nerves and can calm stomach discomfort.
- Chew on cardamom seeds. The cardamom spice has been used for centuries in the treatment of many physical and emotional ailments. (Bonus: it also freshens your breath!)
- Stop and smell the roses. Enjoy a cup of rose hip tea, spritz some organic rose water on your face (eyes closed), or enjoy the scent of a fresh rose bouquet to help you relax.
- Breathe deeply for five minutes. This is the single most effective way to calm frazzled nerves.
- Phone a friend. Telling a friend how you’re feeling and listening to their familiar voice will give you comfort and a fresh perspective.
- Enjoy a bowl of oatmeal. This whole grain releases serotonin, a feel-good neurotransmitter.Continue Reading …